Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sun, Beach and Sweat

I've been going through some of my classmates' blog and most of them didn't update except for alex and giuleta. So hardworking. July was an interesting and exciting month. I went for the Platinum expedition WOOHOO! Its the best expedition ever. Despite me being sunburned and being a few tones darker, i still enjoyed everything during the whole expedition. In Alex's blog she basically explained everything there is in Plat, so i dont really want to write anything more, mainly because i'm lazy. :)

Some of my most memorable memories in plat would be when my team mates had to carry me on the raft (don't know what its called), while i was sun bathing on it, not really enjoyable because i had to lay out pieces of our map on my hand to dry it. Everytime they put me down, the waves would wet the map once again, useless attempt in drying them cos they were already in pieces and at last our map became a ball of wet paper. :(

I also gained an unique experience during our homestay in Teluk Bahang. We were given 2 hours to learn 2 dances. Tarian Zapim and Silat (not a dance but some Malay martial arts performance). Tarian Zapim was very confusing. Me, who has no talent in dancing gave headache to that student who taught us the dance. I was like asking her to repeat every step of the dance. Priyangkha also tried helping me but i just wasnt good at dancing. Sorry! At last i was chosen to be the bride because i sucked at the dance and let my other group members to perform. Mun Heem and I became the newly wed couple hahahaha! We got to wear Malay traditional wedding costumes. One word: Uncomfortable. We just had to sit on stage and watch our group members to perform the 2 dances. After that, Dr. Rizal came up to give us his blessings, he said : Have a good life ahead. HAHAHAHA.

I think Amazing Race was the best among the other activities. Every group has their own vans to drive us around Penang. Penang Batik Factory: painted batik; Tropical Spice Garden: made spice tea, chili paste, coconut powder (dont know what is that); Teluk Bahang Beach: flied a wau; Butterfly farm: placed two millipedes on neck, kissed a toad and take pic of butterfly; Teluk Bahang Homestay: cooked 30 roti jala for lunch and ate it in 2 minutes; Bird park: fed parrots, polished turtle's back, and took pic of flying bird; Botanical garden: danced Penang Joget, got confused with a man whose name is Mama Eina; Chowrasa Market: sold 5 packets of Jeruk; Fort Conwallis: look for silver box (i found it haha :)); Padang: take turns cycling the trishaw; Warung Pasembur: 2 person per very very big plate of Pasembur (Worst challenge and worst food); Tanjung Marina City: End of Amazing Race (we had to run with our stomachs juggling with Pasembur). Echo started last and ended second. YAAAY! So Cool! Overall we didnt get last, just fourth out of five placings.

2 comments:

  1. AUDREY LIM. Again. Here I am, commenting in this stupid box. PLEASE PUT A C-BOX IN UR BLOG. And btw, it is Tarian ZAPIN (I KNOW COS I GOOGLE-D it. n no, I LIKE TO GET MY FACTS RIGHT. AHEM AHEM, unlike someone...) and the google box is right up there in the UPPER right-hand corner, OK?! U r not my boss. U r not mr. sheat. EW. n that thing they carried u on is called a STRETCHER. not a raft. now, u know what it is, right? :) HAHA wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

    [I'm laughing at Alex.]

    HAHAHAHAHAH.

    Anyway, Audrey please bring my princess hours after exams okay? =D

    Please.

    Pleaaaase. =)

    ReplyDelete